UPSC SYLLABUS FOR PAPER I – (200 MARKS) DURATION: TWO HOURS (COUNTED FOR THE MERIT RANK IN THE PRELIMS)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
UPSC SYLLABUS FOR PAPER II- (200 MARKS) DURATION: TWO HOURS (NOT COUNTED FOR THE MERIT RANK IN PRELIMS BUT A QUALIFYING PAPER; JUST NEEDS 33% MARKS)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).